Life experiences like losing weight, pregnancy, and simply getting older can cause skin to sag and lose its elasticity. Whether its the skin on your stomach, arms or thighs, there are measures you can take to tighten things up. Learn which skin treatments, eating choices and lifestyle changes will leave you with tighter skin.
Method 1 of 3: Skin Treatments
- Brush your skin in the morning before you take a shower. Both your skin and the brush should be dry.
- Use long strokes to brush your legs and arms. Work your way from your feet to your thighs, then from your hands to your shoulders, always brushing toward your hands in the direction your blood circulates.
- Concentrate on areas where your skin is loose. Don’t forget your stomach and buttocks.
– Exfoliating gels and scrubs can also be effective. Buy a product from the store, or make your own scrub using brown sugar, honey and other natural ingredients.
– Mineral and salt scrubs are also great for tightening skin. Scrub yourself in the shower, then rinse away the salt.
2. Use oil to keep your skin hydrated. After showering, applying a coat of oil helps trap the moisture in your skin, which improves its elasticity.
- Baby oil is inexpensive and easy to find. Castor oil and almond oil are also great for your skin.
- Try adding a few drops of oil to your bath. Your skin will get infused with oil as you relax.
- Apply the cream or lotion at least once a day, concentrating on the areas that need tightening.
- Aloe is a great natural skin tightener; look for lotions that contain it, or apply pure aloe to your skin.
Method 2 of 3: Diet and Exercise Solutions
- Drinking coconut water and herbal tea can also help you stay hydrated, with the added benefit of providing your body with essential nutrients.
- Avoid drinking excessive alcohol and coffee, as these dehydrate your body over time.
- Make fruit and vegetable smoothies to eat for breakfast every day.
- Try juicing, which is a great way to get a quick serving of produce. Use a lot of green vegetables, like kale and spinach, for best results.
5. Practice calisthenics. All those exercises you used to do in gym class are actually great for skin tone.
- Work out your arms and upper body with push-ups and pull-ups.
- Work out your abdominal muscles with sit-ups and squats.
- Work out your legs with jumping jacks and lunges.
Method 3 of 3: Lifestyle Changes to Improve Skin Tone
- Cleansers made with oils are the best bet for tightening skin.
- Consider foregoing soap altogether. Running a washcloth lightly over your skin may be all it really needs, especially if you’re also exfoliating and treating it with oil or lotion.
Sources and Citations : http://www.wikihow.com/Tighten-Skin