Sometimes you can’t have your dog within with you all the time, however a crying dog outside can solely frustrate you and your neighbors. Dogs sometimes like to be with their homeowners and separation anxiety is why most dogs cry and howl once left outside or alone. However, you’ll facilitate your puppy learn to simply accept being alone and stop this anxiety from changing into a pathological and harmful drawback within the method. Here area unit some steps you’ll fancy facilitate your puppy pal cool down and learn to be alone quietly.
Method 1 of 3: Tiring Your Puppy Out
1) Walk your puppy frequently. Aim for a minimum of 2 daily walks along with your puppy. they do not have to be compelled to be long however they ought to fairly fatigue your pup. simply check that the puppy is obtaining enough daily exercise supported its size and energy.
Be kind to your puppy and take care to provide it exercise on a commonplace.
2) Play together with your puppy. A bored dog can take away its energy in another (undesirable) type, from whining, to crying, to destruction of property. attempt to have 2 active play times day after day, with you enjoying fetch, keep away, or tug of war, or the other active game your puppy likes to play.
additionally to obtaining necessary exercise, the puppy can love the eye it gets from you. The younger the dog is that the shorter your play and exercise sessions ought to be however bear in mind to extend the frequency of play or walk time because the puppy gets older.
3) Give your puppy toys to play with. you wish your puppy to be ready to amuse itself once it’s alone within the yard. activity lots of toys can hopefully distract your pup from the very fact that it’s alone.
offer a range of styles of toys. Balls, squeaking toys, and treat-dispensing toys ar all favorites for puppy leisure. These styles of toys will facilitate to distract a puppy from being unhappy it’s alone whereas stimulating its natural curiosity and need to chew. 
Method 2 of 3: Practicing Being Alone
1) Practice having the puppy be alone outside. solely leave a dog outside if you’ve got a secure and secured fenced-in space. Begin putt the dog outside for brief periods of your time, 1-5 minutes to start out. you would like to simply accept that the dog can most likely cry and create a fuss whereas it’s outside.
you need to train the dog that nothing smart can happen once they cry. If you concede and quit with the dog or permit it to come back within then you’re giving positive reinforcement to the unwanted behavior (i.e. the dog “gets satisfaction” by your acknowledging the whining.) solely let the puppy in once it’s quiet and (preferably) lying quietly.
2) Give your dog praise permanently behavior. this is often a giant key to coaching a dog. Once Associate in Nursing assigned quantity of your time is up (remember to begin with tiny time increments) go outside and praise the dog abundantly paying attention and necking. perhaps even provide the pup a treat. The dog can eventually build a affiliation that if it’s quiet and well behaved outside, it’ll be rewarded for that behavior.
3) Slowly increase the puppy’s alone time. Continue the coaching by prolongation the time outside till the dog remains quiet outdoors for a minimum of AN hour (as long because the weather is nice). currently the dog ought to be ready to higher handle the separation anxiety once left outside or alone. Hopefully the pup can simply relax and take a nap instead.
confirm the puppy continually has water out there.
4) Consider use of a relaxing product. There area unit calming product out there to assist puppies with being alone. Pheromones area unit chemicals free by dogs, that facilitate ease puppies’ anxiety. The dog conciliative secretion (D.A.P.) are shown to calm puppies in dog obedience categories. These are available collars, sprays, wipes or diffusers.
Method 3 of 3: Crate Training Your Puppy
1) Begin crate coaching your puppy. it’s vital to use a crate within the house or a dog house, igloo, or some heat, snug shelter outside wherever the dog will rest and feel secure. place the pup’s bed or blankets, also as its toys, into the shelter therefore the puppy can acknowledge the house as its own.
acknowledge that it should take your time for this new place to appear like home to your dog. Take your time to softly teach them to travel within it.
Any crate or kennel has to be sufficiently big for the dog to square traditional while not a crooked back and to permit it to show in a very circle while not being incommodious.
2) Entice your puppy into the crate. begin by departure the door open and swing many of its favorite treats within toward the rear of the crate or kennel. As because the puppy goes within to eat the treats, say “kennel” and shut the door gently behind it. once the dog has finished the treats, open the door and provides it praise.
3) Repeat the crate enticement. do that a number of longer over the course of a few of days step by step protraction the quantity of your time the puppy is in there with the door closed. ne’er let him out if he starts to whine or cry; otherwise he can suppose that’s what gets him out of the crate. watch for him to belt up before you spring him from the crate.
4) Treat the crate nonchalantly once you place the dog in it. once you crate or kennel your puppy once you leave the house, ne’er build a giant parcel out of it. offer the pup the same old crate or kennel command and walk off as traditional. this fashion the dog won’t associate a bunch of fuss with you going the house.
Instead, build the fuss once you come back home and your puppy is overcome with joy to check you.
5) Never use the crate or kennel for social control or the puppy can resent the crate. ne’er leave a puppy underneath a pair of months elderly during a crate longer than a pair of hours or underneath six months elderly during a crate or kennel for extended than four hours. They can’t totally management their bladders for over that point amount. As for older dogs, aim to solely keep them in their crate for four hours. Its cruel to stay them confined for for much longer than that point.
Sources and Citations : http://www.wikihow.com